Sunday, January 8, 2012

G.S. Advance feat. Nature - My Piece (over The Roots "Star" beat)

G.S. Advance is another rapper out of Queens who has been putting out mixtapes over the past few years. I really miss mixtapes, especially the style that DJ Clue / DJ Absolut / DJ Kool Kid used to put out. The ones that not only featured new tracks... but also featured exclusive freestyles with artists flowing over whatever beat was hot at the moment. This joint features G.S. Advance and Nature flowing over the The Roots "Star" beat... which is a dope beat that I never thought I'd hear anybody else flowing over besides Black Thought... but it works. This track is from G.S. Advance's 2009 Mixtape "Advance Classes Vol 2" but I hadn't even heard it until today. Hope ya'll enjoy. If you want to hear more from G.S. Advance you can check out his Facebook fan page here.



(Original Roots version)

No comments:

Post a Comment